Total Quality Management
Total Quality Management Course Outline
Please remember this is just a sample outline, all of our courses are bespoke and tailored to suit your needs.
TQM is a management and quality philosophy aimed at integrating all organizational functions to focus on meeting customer needs and organizational objectives. It has been one of the most influential methods used in managing business processes over the last 30 years. It has been incorporated as a vital component in the management systems of some of the world's most successful enterprises. The aim of this course is to equip participants to understand TQM so that they can make Quality and Continuous Business Improvement work to best effect in their organization.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe TQM's place in the development of quality methodologies
- Describe the 5 key principles of TQM and their impact on business performance
- Draw up plans to achieve management commitment to quality improvement
- Describe how to empower staff to adopt best practice quality approaches
- Use fact based decision making techniques to solve quality problems
- Use continuous improvement techniques
- Identify the changes needed in their organization to achieve real customer focus
- Describe the basic components of 6 Sigma
- Describe and use the contents of a "Lean Toolbox"
- Use business process design techniques
- Produce an outline approach to implementing TQM in their own organization
Course content includes:
Quality, TQM and Process Improvement
- The origins of the modern day quality movement
- The principles that make up TQM
- Implications and benefits of introducing TQM into an organization
- Mapping and understanding YOUR supply chain
- Techniques for process analysis
- Analyzing YOUR key processes
6 Sigma, Lean and a Quality Toolbox
- An introduction to "6 Sigma" and "Lean Manufacturing"
- Techniques for problem solving and decision making
- Applying these techniques to REAL problems
- Quality measurement and assessment
- Assessing the state of "quality" in YOUR organization
The Manager and TQM
- The impact of TQM on the role of the manager
- GEMBA: "managing by walking about"
- Demonstrating commitment and empowering staff
- Quality circles
- Crosby's "4 Absolutes of Quality"
- Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People"
Managing Cultural and Organizational Change
- Why the culture and organization needs to adapt to TQM
- Describing the culture in YOUR organization
- Practical issues that need to be addressed
- Understanding people's human reaction to change
- Managing the change process
- Defining a TQM communications strategy for YOUR organization
- Planning for a TQM implementation
- Setting up the resources and infrastructure to support TQM
- Treating the introduction of TQM as a project
- Drawing up a TQM implementation plan for YOUR organization
- Personal action planning
- Case studies